Welcome to the Chesterfield Branch of the University and College's Union blog.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Support from Yorkshire and Humberside UCU FE Committee


On behalf of Yorkshire and Humberside UCU FE Committee I would like to pledge our full support to you and your members in your fight against redundancies and the attacks on ALS. In the immediate future I would like to invite your branch to send a speaker to our Yorkshire FE regional meeting in the Stoddart Building of Sheffield Hallam university next Saturday morning (the 28th) between 10am and 12pm so that our region can be fully aware what is happening to you and discuss how can build solidarity for you in local branches. The Stoddart Building is near the train station. 

I work at Barnsley College and can tell you that my branch appreciates the solidarity we have had from Chesterfield during our recent disputes - that support has been physical, with your members joining our picket lines, email messages of support and financial support for our Hardship Fund. I am sure you will be hearing directly from the branch officers in the near future. Please let me know who is able to come to the meeting so I can send her/him more details. 

Best wishes

Dave Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment